It’s been well documented how private equity firms profited from the 2008 economic crisis. After millions of people lost their homes to foreclosure, private equity firms swept in, buying commercial, single- and multi-family properties at a steep discount, and later raising rents, gouging tenants with fees, skimping on maintenance, and using aggressive collections and evictions strategies.
Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting!
Tell your legislator to support the
Stop Wall Street Looting Act!
- Make PE execs legally liable for the damage they cause
- Stop looting that enriches PE executives at the expense of workers, communities, and businesses
- Close tax loopholes and change rules that encourage predatory financial activities
- Protect workers if employers go bankrupt
- Require PE firms to be fair and transparent to investors in disclosing costs and returns