Although the Coronavirus economic downturn exacerbated the company’s struggles, the private equity-imposed debt loads and financial engineering made J. Crew’s bankruptcy almost inevitable — putting J. Crew’s more than 14,000 workers at risk of losing their jobs.
Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting!
Tell your legislator to support the
Stop Wall Street Looting Act!
- Make PE execs legally liable for the damage they cause
- Stop looting that enriches PE executives at the expense of workers, communities, and businesses
- Close tax loopholes and change rules that encourage predatory financial activities
- Protect workers if employers go bankrupt
- Require PE firms to be fair and transparent to investors in disclosing costs and returns