A year-long investigation by Buzzfeed News titled “Profit, Pain, and Private Equity” painstakingly detailed the abuses that arise from private equity firm KKR’s purchase and management of BrightSpring Health Services, a company that manages group homes for disabled adults, many of whom need around-the-clock supervision and healthcare. “Some vulnerable residents suffered abuse and neglect,” the authors wrote. Conditions were “often dire, and in some cases fatal.” Read More
Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting!
Tell your legislator to support the
Stop Wall Street Looting Act!
- Make PE execs legally liable for the damage they cause
- Stop looting that enriches PE executives at the expense of workers, communities, and businesses
- Close tax loopholes and change rules that encourage predatory financial activities
- Protect workers if employers go bankrupt
- Require PE firms to be fair and transparent to investors in disclosing costs and returns