Having a rapacious business like private equity watching over particularly vulnerable people has never been a good idea. Still the evidence is mounting that Wall Street has pushed the envelope in recent years. Nursing homes, youth facilities, and homes for disabled adults have all fallen under the ownership of an industry with a track record of prioritizing wealth extraction over running companies well, to say nothing of caring for people in need.
Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting!
Tell your legislator to support the
Stop Wall Street Looting Act!
- Make PE execs legally liable for the damage they cause
- Stop looting that enriches PE executives at the expense of workers, communities, and businesses
- Close tax loopholes and change rules that encourage predatory financial activities
- Protect workers if employers go bankrupt
- Require PE firms to be fair and transparent to investors in disclosing costs and returns