Americans spent about $115 billion on pets in 2018 (more than we spent on cell phones). And Wall Street private equity firms have been steadily gobbling up all sorts of businesses to capitalize on pet profits. Today, private equity (PE) firms own major pet retailers (PetSmart and Petco), thousands of veterinary clinics, pet insurance companies, and pet product manufacturers.
Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting! Say No to Wall Street Looting!
Tell your legislator to support the
Stop Wall Street Looting Act!
- Make PE execs legally liable for the damage they cause
- Stop looting that enriches PE executives at the expense of workers, communities, and businesses
- Close tax loopholes and change rules that encourage predatory financial activities
- Protect workers if employers go bankrupt
- Require PE firms to be fair and transparent to investors in disclosing costs and returns